Mid Stage Collector
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
Communicates with various financial institutions' borrowers, through inbound and/or out-bound calling, to successfully negotiate past due payments and/or payment arrangements to resolve delinquent accounts; communicates with borrowers diligently, courteously and professionally while maintaining adherence to all federal, state and corporate regulations.
- Through inbound/out-bound calling, collects past due payments and/or negotiates commitment agreements or repayment plans to resolve delinquent accounts.
- Uses sound judgement and follows client and corporate policies to determine suitable collection solutions.
- Recommends accounts for progressive collection activities, which may include field chases, skip tracing, repossessions, etc.
- Consistently documents conversations clearly and concisely in required collection systems; accurately updates borrower personal information to provide to financial institutions.
- Accurately processes electronic payments using the ECM/Portal system.
- Performs investigative activities to locate borrowers through database searches.
- Accurately investigates questions, problems or client complaints and promptly refers complex situations to the appropriate resources to ensure client and borrower satisfaction.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Must have at least two (2) years telephone collecting and the processing of delinquent accounts, preferably in a third-party atmosphere.
- Must have a working knowledge of consumer laws and regulations relating to debt collections, including the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and telephone etiquette skills.
- Must possess a high level of problem solving and negotiation skills
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks to ensure successful completion of duties.
- Must possess a working knowledge of personal computers to include MS Word, Excel and Internet.
- Must be able to type at least 35 WPM.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, and lift 10-20 lbs. of files or other documents.
Associated topics: balance, bilingual, biller, debt, finance, loan, loss, pay, payment, revenue
Loading some great jobs for you...