Billing / Collections Specialist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Billing / Collections Specialist
NurseCore has an exciting opportunity for you! We are seeking a Billing / Collections Specialist for our St. Petersburg, FL office. As the national leader in medical staffing and home care services, we offer competitive compensation, benefits and the chance to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. If you re motivated, enthusiastic, and have experience in medical billing and collections, we want you on our team! Join us at the heart of healthcare, apply today! Responsibilities
The Billing / Collections Specialist is responsible for timely and accurate invoicing to customers, processing pay to field employees and collecting payments from customers.
- Processes all time slips within ContinuLink system weekly in timely manner to include review and approval for billing and payroll
- Investigates discrepancies and makes adjustments and corrections as needed
- Processes instant/advance checks for field employees in accordance with established company policy and time-lines
- Compiles and reviews for accuracy all required billing and payroll reports and provides information to Branch Director and Corporate Payroll Department as required
- Prints, reviews and mails invoices within company time-frame, including required documentation required by payor to process claim
- Prints accounts receivable reports and provides copy to Branch Director on weekly basis
- Reviews accounts receivable reports for short pays, unapplied payments and skipped invoices
- Researches information and contact clients in timely manner to resolve issues
- Maintains on-going contact with clients to ensure prompt payments on all accounts
- Set up new staffing clients, ensuring pay/bill reflect contracted agreement
- Set up new homecare clients and track, including:
- Verify Insurance
- Enter all information in ContinuLink on new homecare clients, including plan of care, pay/bill table, units/billing codes
- Transmit OASIS (certified offices)
- Track physicians orders and plan of care for signatures
- Monitor care authorizations weekly
- Assist in maintaining clinical files
- Requests credit checks on all new accounts and communicates same to Branch Director for decision regarding credit limits
- Maintains complete payroll, billing and collection documentation and files
- Assists in other areas of the office as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good grammar, voice and diction
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work well in a team environment
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Good time management skills
Education and /or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent; and two-three years related experience and/or training in medical billing, payroll, and/or collections. Health care experience preferred. Experience should emphasize problem-solving skills; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems and solve them.
Computer skills (excel, word, accounting and /or payroll software) accounts payable, payroll admin, Medicaid billing, accounts receivable, collections.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Related work experience in payroll.
- Work experience in a staffing work environment.
Loading some great jobs for you...