Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses. Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital. It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care.
- The Collector identifies delinquent account aging period and payment sources. Performs collection actions including contacting patient and by telephone and resubmitting claims to third party for reimbursement.
- Reviews each account via computer reports and other information sources.
- Participates with other staff to follow up on accounts until no balance or turned over for collections.
- Evaluates patient financial status and establishes payment plans when appropriate.
- Reviews accounts for possible assignment to collection agency makes recommendation to manager and prepares information for collection agency as needed.
- Documents all patient contact and insurance follow up update as necessary to ensure information is accurate.
- Maintains a high level of productivity while maintaining accuracy.
- Requests rebills as necessary.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints
- Faxes attachments to Athena to include with claim when appropriate.
- Works assigned hold buckets daily.
- Attends all seminars and education programs as assigned by manager.
- Consistently demonstrates ability to organize work recognize and establish priorities and complete work without creating backlogs.
- 1-year practical experience in Healthcare Physician Collections.
- High School graduate or equivalent level of training.
- An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Savings plan with company match
- A variety of health, dental and vision plans
- On-site childcare, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Associated topics: account, balance, bilingual, biller, collection specialist, collector, legal, overdue, reconcile, revenue
Loading some great jobs for you...