Compensation: $28,645.00 - $46,110.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Loading some great jobs for you...
McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs more than 20,000 teammates.
Sales/Marketing Job Descript
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for maintaining ongoing daily communication and follow-up with assigned host customer to ensure retail accuracy and distributions are properly loaded; gathering and disseminating information for the external and internal customer; and providing item authorizations and coordination of store issue resolution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Coordinate the distribution information from customer, vendor and divisions to be used in order to properly load distributions into McLane distribution system.
* Communicate to McLane Divisions on retail changes, item authorizations, program additions, new store openings and sales promotions that the customer plans to make or execute within a specific time frame.
* Coordinate, input information as necessary and communicate to both the customer and division on resets, plan-o-gram changes, QUASAR maintenance, order guides changes, delivery schedule changes/additions, cost change information and new item information that promotes a better working relationship between McLane Divisions and the customer.
* Review all QUASAR item maintenance, test bills, daily and weekly out of stocks reports and Mpulse reports as well as provide information from document direct as needed to aid our customer in decision making.
* Address any stores or customer headquarters account issues that pertain to issue resolution, feedback requests and division support to resolve customer conflicts.
* Review and communicate SKU management reports quarterly with customer to insure the right item mix for stores, deletion of slow moving items, increased sales and provide feedback to division to ensure completion of SKU management practice.
* Develop an ongoing dialogue with divisions that promotes idea sharing, faster customer communication, team building and issue resolution for our customer's benefit.
* Prepare a weekly recap letter to pertinent divisions and corporate operations of customer activities and opportunities.
* Maintain a good relationship with customers, Division personnel (assigned Customer Service Representatives, Area Sales Managers, Customer Service Managers) and the Corporate Buying Group.
* Communicate all customer promotions to Divisions and Corporate Purchasing providing them with expected movement increases so they can ensure adequate inventory in all divisions.
* Pull and review divisional out of stocks and communicate to appropriate Divisional and/or Corporate Buyer specific item needs.
* Review order guides with customer category managers and then Division Customer Service Representatives.
* Conduct telephone meetings with store personnel and the Divisions' assigned Customer Service Representative's and in some cases Areas Sales Managers.
* Provide the customer with reporting and cost changes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Bachelor's degree.
* Have 2-5 years sales and/or customer service experience.
* Internal candidates should have a minimum experience in McLane Company of not less than 2 years.
* Be able to learn McLane applications including the Distribution System and QUASAR, McLane's Analysis and Reporting Tool and Document Direct.
* Be skilled on Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint PC programs.
* Be able to work with and communicate with many different reporting level groups, to include McLane customers (store managers), drivers, customer service, and peers.
* Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Be able to travel as required.
* Be 18 years or older.
* Be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
* Be able to successfully pass an experience verification, drug screen and criminal background check.
* The work conditions are primarily being an office environment.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Associated topics: day manager, day shift manager, deli manager, food service supervisor, grocery store manager, management, produce manager, restaurant leader, restaurant operations, service manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...