Compensation: $45,585.00 - $113,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
Loading some great jobs for you...
Do you have experience working in a fast-paced, financial services or sales environment? Are you a sales-focused professional and do you have experience working in collections? If so, Mariner Finance has an amazing opportunity for you to join our team as an Account Representative
in our Washington, IN
branch. Account Representatives have the opportunity to be some of Mariner Finance s top producers by providing a variety of loan options for our customers.
Become a part of a fast-growing, dynamic company, and join a team that offers an opportunity for accelerated professional growth! If you enjoy interacting with customers and thrive in a results-oriented environment, we would love to hear from you!Responsibilities:
- Greets and assists walk-in and telephone customers at a branch office.
- Interacts with customers in person and by telephone to service their accounts.
- Conducts loan interviews and enters information into an automated record keeping system.
- Proactively contacts borrowers with past-due accounts by telephone or mail to offer rewrite of loan or request payment.
- Negotiates extensions and modifications of loans, and arranges payment schedules.
- Assesses customers current financial needs and determines if customer has available cash on account or if customer needs to restructure debt to a home equity bill consolidation loan.
- Sells the company s current product lines, including but not limited to personal loans, home equity loans, and sales finance.
- Performs a variety of cashiering functions including maintenance of the branch s cash drawer.
- Delivers deposits to a financial institution on a daily basis.
- Reviews assigned accounts to determine if collection methods have been effective.
- Recommends to Branch Manager accounts to review for special handling or intensified collections actions.
- Processes incoming payments on active and charged-off accounts.
- Prepares and forwards required debits with payment and updates account payment history.
- Maintains accurate and complete records on past due accounts and collection actions.
- Prepares a wide range of documents for varying purposes including review and action by MVA, attorneys, repossession agencies, etc.
- Retrieves specific documents from loan files.
- Completes checklists and other supporting documentation and obtains credit reports.
- Analyzes credit and financial information.
- Posts customer garnishments into the General Ledger (GL) and advises on legal payments.
- Completes all warrant in debt and garnishment paperwork for submission to court including notating CIM accounts, scanning and mailing defendant copies, and preparing out-of-state mailings when applicable.
- Copies all documents and forwards assembled document packages to appropriate party on a timely basis.
- Ensures that loan collection actions on assigned accounts are appropriate and timely and that established policies and procedures are observed.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and customers questions regarding perceived differences in payment records by researching and explaining payment history and timing differences as recorded.
- May perform additional functions depending on market demand and branch staffing in order to provide consistent quality customer service.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may apply.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of selling or collecting experience preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an office environment utilizing a variety of office equipment, including telephones, calculators, fax machines, personal computers and photocopiers and engaging in varied duties where time management and strong attentiveness to detail and accuracy are required.
- Reliable transportation required; valid driver s license.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills in demanding situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended period; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
As a team member of Mariner Finance you will enjoy a robust benefits package that demonstrates our dedication to employee satisfaction:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurances
- 401k Match
- Paid Time-Off
- Education Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending
Mariner Finance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental handicap, covered veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
Associated topics: auto, bilingual, collection, collector, commission, financial, loan, loss, past due, revenue
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...