Late Stage Collections Specialist III
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
Manages complex accounts with the following areas of specialization: Pre Charge Off/Late stage collections for Auto and Recreational Vehicles, Credit Cards, Overdraft Lines of Credit and Direct Loans. Also contacting customers with Deficiency Balances due to Repossession or Total Loss.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Initiate contact with consumer borrowers that are in the mid to late stages of delinquency; assess the prospect of repayment, and arranging repayment schedules or other solutions such as: Loan Workout, Alternative Lending, Consumer Credit Counseling Services, Reages, or Extensions.
- Initiate contact with customers attorneys and Bankruptcy trustees.
- Investigate and conduct skip tracing as required.
- Submit recommendations for account placement with third party collection agencies, attorneys, brokers, and property preservation firms.
- Initiate direct contact with borrowers (consumer, mortgage, deposit overdraft, business banking), assessing the prospect of repayment, arranging repayment schedules or other solutions.
- Contact business partners and vendors to ensure services provided are meeting predetermined service level agreements.
- Participate in loss prevention by employing advanced strategies that provide adequate protection for M&T with respect to its interest in the collateral securing the loan, while maximizing the cost containment opportunities.
- Review collateral condition and establish asset value. Negotiate sale with prospective buyers and conclude sales transaction with limited oversight.
- Develop an understanding of the business and its functions, processes and operations.
- Keep abreast of business and market trends that may affect business department.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
This position works under general supervision and has autonomy when performing skip-trace.
In addition, this position does have the authority to waive late fees, within guidelines.Education and Experience Required:
A combined minimum of 3 years higher education and/or work experience including a minimum of 1 year experience in customer service, customer-facing, collections, call center or sales.
Experience with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.Education and Experience Preferred:
Knowledge of M&T Bank systems.Location
Getzville, New York, United States of AmericaJob Requirements:
Associated topics: accounts receivable, auction, auto, biller, collection, debt, due, loan, mitigation, pay
Loading some great jobs for you...