Collections Escalations Specialist (Bellevue, WA)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
The Collections Escalations Specialist will be responsible for facilitating any escalated customer calls and answering agent specific questions. Collections Escalations Specialist will be responsible for performing advanced skip tracing responsibilities, daily loan maintenance and assisting with answering inbound telephone calls from as well as placing outbound calls to mortgagers that are 0-60 days delinquent as needed. Collections Escalations Specialist will attempt to gather details surrounding a borrower s current financial situation and create detailed documentation to ensure the Collections process is tracked in an accurate manner. The Collections process aims to reduce delinquency and includes educating the borrower on payment options/methods, explaining delinquency ramifications, and soliciting hardship assistance programs. Collections Escalations Specialist will support the Collections Team in adhering to call center benchmarks reported to the organization and investors. Call Center benchmarks include an average speed of answer of 60 seconds or less, abandonment rate of less than 5 percent, and a blockage rate of less than 1 percent.
Handling Escalation Calls and Customer Service Operations
Respond to all agent support inquiries through phone calls and jabber including escalated customer complaints. Document all voice of the customer feedback as a result of complaint escalations. Ensure customer questions and problems are resolved properly and quickly. Escalate challenging customers and problems that require outside department assistance to Supervisors. Strive to provide all customers with outstanding customer experience. Complete tasks/emails assigned to management, including customer call backs. Process and respond to customer phone calls, fax, and mail requests. Ensure knowledge of current policies and procedures while using problem solving skills to communicate accurate information to agent/borrowers. Handle collection calls for all investor/loan types including 1st mortgage, 2nd mortgage, Helocs/Heloans, and Consumer loans. Have a clear understanding of the collections process including skip tracing. Collections Escalations Specialist job function will reduce customer complaints and improve servicing.
Handle Inbound/Outbound Customer Contacts by Telephone
- Adhere to department guidelines with communication to the borrower and/or third party. Maintain familiarity with up to 14 systems and applications in order to research inquires, escalate issues to the appropriate departments, and perform the collection process. Escalate issues to Supervisors appropriately. Educate borrowers on loss mitigation options, hardship resources available, and encourage borrower application to Loss Mitigation when appropriate. Use problem solving skills in conjunction with departmental procedures in order to set up payment arrangements or payment alternatives to cure delinquency. Collections Escalations Specialist job function will help reduce delinquency by performing the collection process and educating the customer on all hardship options available.
Create and Maintain Documentation of Calls
Document the systems regarding customer/borrower communication in a thorough, accurate manner. Update status of the borrower s financial information and/or hardship situation as needed. Use the appropriate system codes in order to accurately report the information provided by the customer/borrower. Document and submit any complaints to the appropriate parties. Document account maintenance requests submitted to management. Collections Escalations Specialist job function will adhere to and ensure accurate reporting of servicing requirements on all borrower communication.
Performing Advance Skip Tracing and Manually Dialing
Actively search for borrower contact information on basic websites and/or Flagstar systems. Use skip tracing software to research borrower references, employers, relatives, neighbors, etc. to obtain additional contact information. Update systems with accurate contact information and thoroughly detail all outreach efforts performed. Complete manual dialing campaigns as requested by management in an effective and efficient manner. Update systems and worksheets assigned thoroughly and update management daily on performance results. Collections Escalations Specialist job function will improve communication with borrowers.
Collaborating with other default servicing teams, and other internal teams, to assist in the continued development of a best in class default servicing oversight operation. Communicating updates to and from default servicing oversight to assist with clarity between all default servicing teams.
Training and Operations
- Complete the new hire training class with a passing grade. Complete all required eLearning classes. Complete Skip Tracing classes, in addition to any Advance Collection Technique classes. Complete Soft Skills training class. Ensure familiarity with the most up-to-date policies and procedures to communicate accurate information to customers. Actively participate in monthly performance meetings; meet or exceed all performance metrics. Recognize and communicate the need for any potential additions and/or modifications to the current policies and procedures. Provide leadership to others through side-by-side coaching of new hires, existing agents, and outside department representatives as needed. Perform any additional responsibilities as assigned by management. Collections Escalations Specialist job function will reduce servicing errors and decrease employee turnover.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar s internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent required
- 3-5 years collection experience in an inbound/outbound call center environment
- 1 year in the mortgage industry
- 1 year in the financial services industry preferred
- 1 year of sales experience preferred but not required
- Must be team-oriented, highly organized, detail oriented and have successfully demonstrated the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction while ensuring quality standards are met.
- Understanding of MS Office Suite with intermediate technical and computer skills. Specifically an ability with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to navigate quickly within various computer programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong listening skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to think quickly under pressure.
- Ability to handle high call volume and answer customer questions in a timely manner.
- Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to work varying shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Confident and efficient work approach with a customer focus.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to handle difficult customers without escalation.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Internal Use Only: Job Band: I-HourlyJob Requirements:
Associated topics: auction, bill, collection specialist, commission, insurance, loss, mortgage loan, overdue, payment, treasurer
Loading some great jobs for you...