Services Collections Specialist
Discover Financial Services in Phoenix, AZ
- Industry: Customer Service/Call Center - Collections
- Type: Full Time
Discover Financial has a unique opportunity available for career minded people that love to problem solve and have a passion for providing the best customer service!
As an associate in this area, you will enjoy an upbeat, fun and social environment; all while working hard when engaging on phone calls with our valued Discover Card members.
Do you genuinely love to help people and want to further develop your problem solving skills?
Are you competitive and always striving for top-level performance?
Are you someone who likes to learn and focus on growth/development in a goal oriented environment?
Are you looking to join a stable top rated company that provides genuine potential for a long term career path?
In this area you will handle high risk current accounts and assist Cardmembers who are facing various hardship(s). Cardmember hardships can be anything from medical challenges, job loss/decrease in income up to divorce or losing a loved one. Therefore, it is key to actively listen, express empathy, acknowledge the Cardmember and provide relevant solutions. By doing this you will create a collaborative relationship that will last long after the Cardmembers hardship is resolved.
- Handle a high volume of inbound calls for high risk current accounts
- Actively listen and offer available programs to assist during hardship
- Work with Cardmembers to setup payment arrangements and utilize tools for automatic payments
- Maintain required productivity and quality expectations while providing an exceptional Cardmember experience
- Update customer information as necessary to facilitate ease in next contact opportunity
- Partner with management to implement coaching feedback to assist in achieving performance and quality expectations
Once you master this role, our awesome agents then have the opportunity to promote to the next step in our Card Member Assistance team. Where you will work with customers that have fallen past due in making payments to bring their account up to date. These positions are eligible for monthly performance based incentive!!
For our Flex Employees, Benefits are available DAY ONE of your employment:
-Paid Time Earned (20 days PTO + Holidays)
-Access to fitness center
-Opportunities to volunteer in the community
-Development Groups and Trainings
-A GREAT culture
Shift Times available:
(Weekend & Holiday Shifts required as needed)
$16.25/Hour to start (37.5 hours per week)
Employees are expected to work in a shift environment including irregular hours, weekends, and holidays based on workload, job requirements and customer demand. Employees work schedules may change based on business need and are expected to be shift flexible as business needs change.
Associated topics: auction, balance, bill, commission, credit, due, legal, overdue, past due, treasurer
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!