Medical Collections Specialist
Compensation: $51,900.00 - $81,030.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
New Healthcare role with National company!
Responsible for performing complex or specialized collection functions by interfacing with various departments, insurance carriers, and patients while ensuring good relations.
- Employee will consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Identify payment and denial trends and communicate to Supervisor of Collections.
- Provides timely resolution to incoming calls to Billing and Collections.
- Documents all calls clearly and precisely at time of call.
- Performs necessary follow-up to ensure timely resolution of appeals, rebilling's, obtaining updated insurance information, identifying and correcting billing errors,
- Meets department productivity standards.
- Maintains current working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes, required modifiers and encounter data.
- Maintains up-to-date information on Medicare laws, HCFA requirements, contractual arrangements and other third party payer requirements.
- Responsible for review and assignment of payer fatal edits from clearinghouse and documenting edits and resolution for audit.
- Apply knowledge of third party payer guidelines in reviewing denied claims to ensure appropriate use of modifiers and CPT/ICD-9 codes.
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent.
- Some college preferred.
Associated topics: bill, commission, debt, finance, insurance, loan, past due, pay, reconcile, treasurer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...